Full-Time Unit Manager (Nurse Qualified) – Mental Health
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Domus have a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced nurse (RMN/RNLD/RGN) to take the management reigns of a new, purpose-built service for adults with Mental Health needs in Croydon, Surrey.
The service has been developed to support up to 10 males of a working age who have a sustained brain injury which affects their behaviour, ability to process information and ability to function independently.
Individuals within this service may also present with a premorbid Mental Health diagnosis and experience a variety of physical health conditions.
This post holder will be a strong leader within in depth CQC knowledge, reporting into the Registered Manager.
Successful applicants will be nurse qualified (RMN/RNLD/RGN), experienced as a Senior Nurse, Charge Nurse, Ward Manager or Clinical Lead.
Key Responsibilities of a Unit Manager:
- Manage the day-to-day running of the service and coordinating its operations.
- Train, supervise, appraise and retain all nursing and support staff for the service.
- Ensure safe staffing levels at the unit by creating monthly rotas and monitor cost efficiency. This will include less reliance on agency staff.
- Ensure high quality of risk assessments and support plans are written and reviewed when required for each individual.
- Provide line management, support, advice and coaching to ensure staff are motivated, independent and able to achieve set goals for service users and themselves.
- Undertake audits, reporting results and actions to the service manager.
- Maintain and build relationship with families, internal and external partners.
- Lead and encourage engaging activities for service users.
- Ordering/ returning medication monthly or when required.
- Overall medication management responsibility.
- Ensuring health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Completing set weekly/ monthly key performance indicators.
- Provide out of hours cover on an on-call basis in accordance to company policy.
- Will be required to work two days providing support of which will include every alternative weekend.
- Act as the Service Manager in their absence.
- Work in line with company’s safeguarding adults and whistle-blowing policy to ensure people are kept safe at all times.
- To be responsive and flexible at all time to meet the changing needs of the service and the service users.
- Ensure security of the unit by ensuring up to date risk assessment is in place.
Key requirements a Unit Manager must have:
- A nursing qualification (RMN/RNLD/RGN).
- Good knowledge of legislation relating to CQC standards, Health and Safety, employment and environmental issues.
- Able to plan, organise, coordinate and work towards set deadlines.
- Confidence, resilience, a professional approach.
- Solid people management experience with the proven ability to build and support teams.
- At least two years’ relevant experience in a supervisory role, working with individuals living with complex health needs and/ or behaviour that challenge.
- A full clean UK drivers’ licence is desirable, but not essential.
- A Great Team and Environment to work in
- Free Onsite-Parking (depending on your location of work)
- Company pension scheme- Up to 5% Employers contributions
- Child Care Vouchers Employee Assistance Programme
- Support provided towards achieving NVQ 3
- Refer a friend Scheme with financial incentives.
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Career development and advancement opportunities
If you are interested in the above Unit Manager vacancy, please call Michael on 01628630104 quoting reference MW-UMC–11648 or email your CV to email@example.com
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
759 total views, 2 today