Full-Time Team Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
A national care charity are looking for a Team Manager in Newcastle for their service in Whickham – they support young adults in the community with complex health needs and learning difficulties.
This is a responsible role which is extremely rewarding and is all about being proactive, giving structured consistent encouragement, guidance and support in the way that individuals want and need it so they are able to live as independently as possible and have the freedom to make their own choices and experience new opportunities.
- Salary: £18,941.48 – £22,724
- 37.5 hours
- Available for flexible working patterns including evenings, weekends, sleep-ins and nights
- Able to undertake on-call duties on a rota basis.
Responsibilities of a Team Manager:
- Leading and mentoring a small staff team.
- Managing staff on a day to day basis with responsibility of undertaking supervisions and appraisals.
- Playing a part in recruitment and retention of staff
- Building strong working relationships with customers, regulators and other important stakeholders.
- Report to the Service Manager and work alongside them to develop effective relationships with Social Workers and other key influencers in order to develop new business.
Team Manager Requirements:
- Experience of leading a team in a social care setting
- Experience supporting people with complex health needs and learning difficulties
- Experience in staff performance management
- Experience of leading by example and role modelling good practice.
- NVQ Level 3 in Social Care management or equivalent
- Knowledge of CQC standards
- A can do will do attitude
- Able to demonstrate that you have the relevant knowledge as well as the passion and integrity to treat people with dignity and respect.
- This role comes with Support, full training, generous rewards, real career progression prospects and genuine job satisfaction.
- 28 days paid annual leave, which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension contribution
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Jade Coleman at Domus Recruitment on 01628 630104.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.
822 total views, 5 today