Full-Time Team Leader (Learning Disabilities)
Domus have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to support and deputise for the Registered Manager in a small, residential service for adults with Learning Disabilities and Physical Disabilities.
As the Team Leader you will play a key role in supporting the day to day management of the service.
You will provide support and supervision to the team of support staff, be key to managing the rota and ensuring staff are fully trained, and provide on the job coaching, feedback, and act as a role model.
This is a chance to give a passionate, dedicated and motivated individual the opportunity to join a family run organisation that’s looking to grow within the next couple of years.
Team Leader Responsibilities:
- You will need to be experienced in supporting adults with Learning Disabilities and have skills and interests in direct line management of staff and developing others, being able to mentor your staff, as well as having the drive to work alongside your team to achieve positive outcomes for the people we support.
- Undertake needs assessments and risk assessments, developing with each person an outcome-based support plan, and person-centred plan which are reviewed and updated regularly according to schedule
- Complete, file and maintain records, including assessment and support plans, case file notes, communication logs, risk assessments, incident reports, petty cash / finance records.
- Record and communicate to others the wishes and needs of people we support where appropriate.
- Facilitate the people we support in decision making, promoting choice and involvement.
- Assist the Manager in ensuring that Policies and Procedures, “Quality Assurance Procedures”, CQC standards and Health and Safety requirements are adhered to and participate in the reviews of the people we support.
- Assist with producing, maintaining and managing of the staff roster.
- Ensuring the rota and staffing levels meet the needs of the people we support and are within the authorised limits of resource
- Assist the Manager with recruitment and selection of Support Workers.
- Direct support workers in their duties and undertake 1 to 1 meetings, performance review and observations of support workers with direction from the Support Manager.
- Ensure all staff receive an induction and complete relevant training to comply with CQC and to meet the needs of people supported
- Monitor and promote each person’s health and well-being.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle and assist people we support to participate in their chosen social, educational, leisure and sporting activities in the local community.
- Assist the person to improve his/her knowledge, skills and abilities and where desired, to support individuals to access volunteering or employment opportunities.
- Promote and encourage the person we support to make new friends and keep in contact with family, friends and people in the neighbourhood.
Team Leader – skills required:
- You will also have (or be willing to work towards) an NVQ level 3 Qualification
- As part of the management team you need to have excellent communication including verbal, written and IT skills and be organised, and plan your time effectively.
- Working knowledge and understanding of: – Health & Safety including risk assessments – Assessment and support planning – Safeguarding process for vulnerable adults
- Understanding of Person-Centred Support, developing outcomes, choice and empowerment
- Available to work variable shifts and flexible hours (as per rota, inc. weekends, bank holidays) and cover shifts in emergencies at short notice
- Available to be on call as per roster
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
If you are interested in the above Team Leader vacancy, please call Michael on 01628 630104 quoting ref MW-TLK-10176 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Key Words: Team Leader, Senior Support Worker, Deputy Manager, Supported Living, Learning Disabilities, Health and Social Care, Complex Needs, Sittingbourne, Kent.
146 total views, 7 today