Full-Time Team Leader – Learning Disabilities
Domus have an exciting opportunity for dedicated Senior Support Workers or Team Leaders to work with adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. We are recruiting for a Team Leader to support day to day running of 2 supported living services for Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs (next door to each other).
- 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service) *
- Access to our online discount portal, that offers discounts off shopping, holidays, cinemas, days out and gym membership
- Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance programme (a 24-hr helpline to support you through any of life’s issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
- Occupational Health support
- Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
- Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Refer a friend scheme *pro rata for part time staff
Team Leader – Responsibilities:
- The Team Leader will work as part of the management team to promote person centered support and to support the staff team. Your working week will be split between direct support and management time.
- You will work alongside the Support Manager to ensure that our staff are providing excellent support to the people that we work with.
- As a Team Leader, you will play a key role in the day to day management of the service(s).
- You will provide support and supervision to the team of support staff, be key to managing the rota and ensuring staff are fully trained, and provide on the job coaching, feedback, and act as a role model.
- You will work alongside the Support Manager and staff team to ensure that people’s support plans are up to date, and reflect their wishes and aspirations through their person-centered plans.
- Team Leaders will also take part in an on call rota to ensure that our staff have access to support when it is needed.
Team Leader – skills required:
- Relevant experience of working with adults with learning disabilities, complex needs, Mental Health needs and potentially behaviours that may challenge
- The ability to support teams in challenging environments
- Knowledge and skills in support planning and risk assessment
- Experience of working towards achieving outcomes for people with learning disabilities
- Good understanding of IT
- Be outgoing and able to motivate, delegate effectively and prioritise
- A QCF Level 3 in Health & Social Care, an equivalent award or a willingness to work towards this.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
If you are interested in the above Team Leader vacancy, please call Michael on 01628 630104 quoting ref MW-TLM-6525 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Key Words: Senior Support Worker, Team Leader, Supported Living, Learning Disabilities, Maidenhead.
166 total views, 7 today