Full-Time Team Leader (Learning Disabilities)
Domus are recruiting a Team Leader to work within a specialist residential home for adults with Learning Disabilities.
We’re representing one of the UK’s most experienced providers of residential care for adults with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health needs and associated Complex Needs.
The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring the day-to-day smooth running of the service including staff management and record keeping.
The Team Leader is to lead the shift ensuring service users receive the highest standards of care and support whilst adhering to policies and procedures and ensuring requirements of the Care Quality Commission are met.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- Communicate effectively with service users, colleagues, Managers and other persons with a legitimate interest in the project.
- Review and monitor care plans.
- Responsible for the ordering, receipt and disposal of medication in line with the companies’ policy.
- Maintain financial records in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Carry out administrative tasks as and when required.
- Complete Regulations 37 notification in the absence of the Home Manager.
- Plan and attend reviews of service delivery standards, and develop best policy and practice that meets service users’ needs.
- Ensure compliance with standards required by CQC.
- Notify the Home Manager immediately of any concerns regarding these standards.
- Ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Assist in the arrangements for fund raising.
- Notify the Home Manager as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensure the security of the service is maintained at all times.
- Adhered to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you by your line Manager.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care and willing to work towards Level 3.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the health and social care sector.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to people with complex needs.
- Commitment to training and development.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- General awareness of regulatory requirements as required under CQC.
- Prepared to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service users and the organisation.
- Prepared to drive the company vehicle if you have a valid and accepted UK driving licence.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
If you are interested in the above Team Leader vacancy, please call Michael on 01628630104 quoting reference MW-TLCS-9706 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key words: Team Supervisor, Senior Support Worker, Team Leader, Health and Social Care, Learning Disabilities, Sutton, Surrey.
474 total views, 5 today