Full-Time Supported Living Manager – Autism
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Domus are recruiting for a Supported Living Manager on behalf of a growing organisation who offer exceptional Supported Living care in a safe, warm and friendly environment for adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
Within this role, you will provide leadership and management to ensure that the staff are providing excellent care to the 12 clients living within the Supported Living accommodation.
This organisation is dedicated to providing high-quality, personalised support to adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism. If you are looking for a role where you can really make a difference, apply today.
We are looking for candidates highly experienced supporting adults with Learning Disabilities as well as Autism. You will be a highly experienced Deputy Manager, or a current Service Manager looking to help grow and develop a fairly new service!
Key Responsibilities of a Supported Living Manager;
- Ensure the highest quality and standards are met in the preparation of risk assessments, support plans and person-centred plans, ensuring that outcomes are monitored, met and evidenced.
- Quality control and coach team members so that service provision delivers the outcomes and focuses on the aspirations that people supported have identified.
- Ensure that relevant policies and procedures are understood and applied by staff in relation to quality, safeguarding, criminal records, data protection, HR, health and safety and that the service meets CQC and Supporting People quality and compliance benchmarks.
- Ensure all relevant records in relation to people we support and employees are appropriately maintained, accurate and up to date.
- Ensure the production of weekly rota’s is effective, provides the appropriate support hours and minimises costs, including the use of agency staff.
- Undertake and champion the performance management and development of people including coaching, regular 1 to 1s and performance reviews.
- Develop an approachable and professional culture where good practice is implemented, encouraged and recognised.
- Provide accurate and timely information and reports on the performance of services managed, ensuring the requirements of contracts are met.
- Authorise expenditure against an agreed budget to ensure that costs remain within financial limits.
- Build constructive relationships with commissioners, families, carers, staff, neighbours and the wider community.
- Take the lead in recruitment, induction and training of employees, ensuring all staff are up to date with mandatory training, service specific training and to chair team meetings.
- Seek opportunities to improve existing services and to input to service development plans
- Support and implement change and development programmes as required for Supported Living (known as accommodation for persons who require nursing or personal care by CQC) and Outreach Services (known as personal care by CQC) within the Division.
- Undertake the role of Registered Manager as necessary.
- Provide hands on support to people we support if and when required.
- Provide on call support and assistance when required.
Key requirements a Supported Living Manager must have;
- QCF (NVQ) level 3 or 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care or an equivalent qualification in Social Care/Health (a commitment to work towards may be considered)
- Experience as a Deputy or above within a Supported Living or Residential service for adults with Learning Disabilities and/or Autism.
- Knowledge and understanding of what constitute a high-quality specific service and experience.
- Knowledge of using quality measures e.g. internal/external audits and experience of making improvements associated with such measures.
- In depth knowledge of statutory requirements such as Care Quality Commission regulations and outcomes.
- Knowledge of identifying and implementing staff training needs including knowledge of regulatory requirements for staff training in a social care environment.
- Good IT skills using Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent support from an experienced team
- Paid holiday – 5.6 weeks per year
- Full training
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities for development and career progression
- Free DBS
If you are interested in the above Supported Living Manager vacancy, please call Michael on 01628630104 quoting reference MW-SMB-11664 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
913 total views, 4 today