Full-Time Service Manager
A small charitable organisation is seeking a Service Manager for a Supported Living service in Harrogate, which provides support for people with a range of disabilities including learning disabilities, mental health, physical disabilities and complex needs in their own homes across the community.
In this role you will be responsible for managing a small team of shared lives carers and support workers, and report to the Locality Manager. You will play an active role in the running of their well-established service, rated as ‘Good’ in all areas with CQC. You will manage and coordinate the delivery of support to enable the service users to lead an independent and fulfilling life.
- Salary is £22,000-25,000
- You will work office hours but need to be able to work flexibly and participate in the out of hours on call service (predominantly telephone on call)
- You will need to be a driver due to the nature of this role
- Part time hours 30 hours/Full time hours considered: 37 hours
- You will need to have experience of working in the community
- Some level of management experience is needed, however they would also consider someone stepping up from a role such as Team Leader
- Understanding of working with people with a range of disabilities such as learning disabilities, mental health conditions and physical disabilities
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care is desirable (not essential).
- Excellent ability to interpret and apply CQC fundamental standards of quality and safety
- A thorough understanding of the issues which face people with a learning disability and/or mental health difficulties including a working knowledge of the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
- Good communication skills (both written and oral), including listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people with learning disabilities and/or mental health difficulties using a variety of different methods as required.
- Good ICT skills.
- Proven leadership ability, proven skills in budget control, quality assurance, rota writing supervision, sickness absence management, performance management and team building.
- Exclusive discounts on gym memberships and high street retailers
- Health Cash Plan
- Access to a 24/7 employee helpline
- Award winning specialist training programmes to further develop your skills and knowledge
- The option to work flexible hours (subject to organisational need).
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to email@example.com and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on 01628 630104 for more information.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month. If you know anyone who is looking for work at the moment then please get in touch!
“service manager”, “supported living manager”, “deputy manager”, “deputy supported living manager”, “community”, “learning disabilities”, “physical disabilities, “mental health”
221 total views, 8 today