Full-Time Service Leader – Mental Health
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Domus are looking for a passionate, motivated and dynamic Service Leader to oversee 3 Supported Living Services in Kent.
With services in Ashford and Hawkinge, you will be supporting up to 10 service users with Challenging Behaviour, some limited communication and Mental Health issues; who may need support with the best possible recovery outcomes with long term and complex, needs in areas such as; drug, alcohol, stress, physical or mental illness either from past experiences or difficult relationships.
The organisation is providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve.
If you are a highly experienced Deputy Manager or a current Service Manager within the Health and Social Care sector, it would be great to hear from you.
You must have experience supporting adults with Mental Health needs and/or Learning Disabilities to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a national care provider with over 20 years in the Health and Social Care sector.
Key Responsibilities of a Service Leader:
- Lead and direct the day-to-day operational management of the home, ensuring that available resources are used effectively to enable the provision of a good quality service.
- Ensure that all staff working within the home receive regular supervision, in accordance with the group’s Policy.
- Work closely with the Service Development Team, participating in the selection and compatibility of potential new residents, their assessment, and transition into the home if appropriate.
- Ensure that all service users have a dynamic support plan, which involves the person as far as is possible, takes account that person’s needs and aspirations, and is reviewed regularly.
- Hold responsibility for ensuring that the home operates in accordance with all statutory requirements, using the National Minimum Standards as a benchmark for good practice.
- Ensure that the home offers a safe environment geared to creating opportunities for the personal development of service users, taking into account practical, physical and emotional needs.
- Take a lead role for risk analysis within the home, ensuring that appropriate assessments take place, and plans put in place to minimise risk where necessary.
- Ensure that all steps are taken to maintain the health of people living within the home.
- Play a supporting role to Senior Managers regarding the Contract Monitoring process, providing reports and management information on the conduct of the home where this is necessary.
- Liaise with external Agencies as appropriate, and ensure that contact between the staff team and those Agencies is conducted in a professional manner.
- Work with the Personnel Department in supporting the recruitment and selection of staff, and assist the Area Manager in the formulation of staffing strategies, Policies and Procedures, and other pieces of managerial work as required.
- Participate, as required, in the formulation of budgets, and to monitor expenditure in specific budget headings, as required.
- Ensure that proper record and administrative systems are in place within the home, as required by the group’s Policy & Procedures, and Statutory Authorities.
- Be accountable for the management of the Home’s petty cash float and any monies/valuables belonging to service users kept within the home.
- Participate in the Area’s on-call management system as required.
- Ensure that the home is run in accordance with good Health & Safety practice and legal requirements.
- Ensure that maintenance and equipment renewal needs are communicated to the relevant person, obtaining costings/quotes where appropriate, and then ordering items/services once authorised.
- Ensure that good communication networks are maintained within the home, upwards within the group’s management structure, and sideways to relevant others.
- Support the Company’s Disciplinary & Grievance processes, as required, including involvement in Investigations, and the Chairing of Disciplinary Hearings if need be.
- Ensure that all staff within the Home are aware of, and adhere to Policy & Procedures, and to have involvement in the review and revision of these, and other Company documents when required.
- Undertake any other managerial tasks as required, in accordance with the seniority and level of responsibility inherent in this position.
Key requirements a Service Leader must have:
- Diploma (or equivalent) in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards.
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and mental health issues.
- The ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
- Driving license would be beneficial
- Permanent contracts 37.5 hrs per week
- Flexible additional holiday purchase scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Domestic Helpline
- Childcare Vouchers
- Special Retail Discount Vouchers
- A variety of leisure, holiday and travel discount
- General and Travel insurance deals
- Personal Finance and Mortgage Advice
- Eye Care and Hospital plans
If you are interested in the above Service Leader vacancy, please call Michael on 01628630104 quoting reference MW-SLA–11741 or email your CV to email@example.com
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
781 total views, 2 today