Full-Time Senior Residential Care Worker – Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH)
Domus are proud to be representing and recruiting a Senior Residential Care Worker on behalf of the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care.
Working as Senior Therapeutic Residential Care Worker you will be supporting management by supervising a team of care workers on a day to day basis and coordinating the shifts within the residential home.
Along with still being very much involved in the young people’s day to day life, you will ensure that smooth and consistent care practices are operating within a safe and homely environment to encourage positive behaviour from the children and young people.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has previous experience within an SEMH Children’s Residential setting along with OFSTED exposure and managing children’s behaviour, looking to take the next step into a supervisory position.
This role is offered on a full-time basis, working a 7 on 7 off shift pattern, which also includes completing sleep ins.
The 5 bedded home is an Ofsted registered independent children’s service offering residential care for children & young people aged 7-18 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Leading shifts and supervising junior members of staff
- Undertaking agreed, delegated management responsibilities on an ongoing basis
- Supporting the young people’s emotional needs
- Contributing towards maintaining a safe and homely environment
- Building effective relationships with both the young people and key stakeholders
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
- Managing challenging behaviours
Key Skills Required
- Ideally you have achieved your L3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or be willing to train towards
- Experience in supporting children and young people in a residential setting, ideally having experience managing challenging behaviour
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Diligent, enthusiastic and passionate
- Ability to work independently or as part as a team
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be willing to drive as part of the role
If you are interested in the above Senior Residential Care Worker vacancy, please call Michael on 01628630104 quoting reference MW-SRCWT-9659 or email your CV to email@example.com
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
Key words: Children’s Care Worker, Children’s Support Worker, Children’s Deputy Manager, Ofsted, SEMH, Health and Social Care, Thatcham, Hampshire.
577 total views, 7 today