Full-Time Senior Occupational Therapist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
An expanding healthcare provider is seeking to appoint a Senior Occupational Therapist to join the company covering their Nursing led Residential service providing rehabilitation, care and support for adults and elderly with mental health, dementia and challenging behaviour.
The role will provide leadership, supervision and professional consultation, guidance and advice to a designated specialist Occupational Therapy team. You will be the join the team in providing Occupational Therapy interventions whilst applying an evidence based, flexible and client-centred approach working within the MDT to meet the health and social care needs of clients referred to the company.
Senior Occupational Therapist The main duties include:
- To represent OT as a specialist practitioner within mental health, providing clear, evidence-based knowledge and information.
- To manage a caseload of clients with complex health and social needs, using evidence-based principles to plan and implement effective assessments, interventions and treatment programmes.
- To undertake comprehensive and timely assessments of clients
- To maintain and demonstrate up to date knowledge and skills relevant to the field of practice.
- To promote the use of specific Occupational Therapy models of practice and frameworks to guide clinical work.
- To take responsibility for ongoing personal and professional development.
- To support and supervise the Activity Co-ordinators in documentation, management of their caseload and delivery of activities with the support of the Registered Manager
- To oversee the systems in place for referrals to local services for specialist assessment as and when required
Senior Occupational Therapist Key skills required include:
- You will need to be a qualified, HCPC registered, Occupational Therapist.
- Ideally experience of working in a mental health and challenging behaviours
- Adaptable and creative to meet their needs, and have the skills and ability to work with people that may be difficult to engage and with challenging behaviour patterns.
- Have managerial experience and at least 3 years qualified
- A proven track record of in staff supervision & team management.
Salary – £40,000 – £45,000
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your updated CV to email@example.com and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on 01628 630104 for more information.
“As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.”
Key words: Senior Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist, HCPC Registered, Mental health, Adults, Elderly, Burton on Trent, Derbyshire, Staffordshire
1148 total views, 2 today