Full-Time Senior Occupational Therapist – Brain Injury & Neurology
A leading healthcare charity is seeking to appoint a Senior Occupational Therapist to join the company covering maternity leave within a care home for people requiring specialist neurology and brain injury care.
The company itself is a leading national charity, providing innovative care, rehabilitation and support solutions for people with profound physical impairments, acquired brain injury and learning disabilities as well as children and adults with autism.
The role will provide leadership, supervision and professional consultation, guidance and advice to a designated specialist Occupational Therapy team. You will be the lead in providing Occupational Therapy interventions whilst applying an evidence based, flexible and client-centred approach working within the Clinical Services Team to meet the health and social care needs of clients referred to the company.
The main duties include:
- Formulating treatment plans in consultation with the service user
- Managing, with support and supervision and prioritise a caseload of service users with complex physical health needs and/or challenging behaviour
- To undertake comprehensive and timely assessments of clients
- To maintain and demonstrate up to date knowledge and skills relevant to the field of practice.
- To take responsibility for ongoing personal and professional development
Key skills required include:
- You will need to be a qualified, HCPC registered, Occupational Therapist
- A minimum of3 years post qualification experience and having neuro experience
- Working within an in-patient/residential setting
- Knowledge of Occupational Therapy assessments and an understanding of OT outcome measures
- A valid driving license
- Adaptable and creative to meet their needs, and have the skills and ability to work with people that may be difficult to engage and with challenging behaviour patterns.
- Excellent communication skills on all levels
Salary – £38,000
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on 01628 630104 for more information.
“As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.”
215 total views, 4 today