Full-Time Senior Nurse – RMN (Band 6) – Mental Health
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Domus have a fantastic opportunity for an RMN to join the UK’s Leading Charity for Veteran’s Mental Health needs, as a Senior Nurse.
The role will be home based due to Covid-19, so we are looking for someone with strong I.T and telephone skills to provide a service form the comfort of their own homes.
The organisation does have a day centre in Leatherhead, Surrey, for the successful applicant to work out of once the world is in a better place.
You will be responsible for supporting the needs of former servicemen and women who deal with issues like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety and depression.
You will provide client assessments and therapy support for veterans, focusing on those with Complex Mental Health issues.
The successful candidates will have experience of undertaking client assessments and be a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
Key Responsibilities of a Senior Nurse (RMN):
- Deliver prescribed care to adults with Mental Health conditions such as PTSD, Addiction, Anxiety, Depression,
- Assess, plan and deliver, with the patient and their carer/family, nursing care which takes account of patient choice and wishes and acting as the patients named nurse.
- Accurately observe and engage with patients in order to assess their need and evaluate their progress.
- Monitor and review Nursing Care plans.
- Evaluate and respond to changes in patient condition and needs.
- Deal proactively and effectively with suggestions and complaints from patients and their families / carers.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the Multi-Disciplinary team
- Participate in regular clinical and non-clinical meetings and attend other meetings as requested
- Prioritise nursing duties and delegate appropriately and effectively within the shift co-ordination
- Framework, working as nurse in charge as required, ensuring as far as reasonable practicable a safe environment.
- Maintain a continued level of personal professional development in accordance to preceptorship and revalidation.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests, enquiries and suggestions.
- Helps to promote and to maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers
- Participate in clinical supervision and reflective practice at least Monthly.
- Work in accordance with safeguarding adult and children policies and requirements.
- Ensure the requirements of the Mental Health, Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Standards are met.
- Adhere to Medicines Management policies at all times.
- Adhere to group’s policies and protocols and adhere to NMC Code.
Senior Nurse (RMN) Requirements:
- Professional qualification – RMN is essential
- Demonstrable experience of working with people who have complex Mental Health issues and leading large mental health services
- Proven experience working with clients who have a mental health condition
- Strong understanding of Recovery approaches and demonstrable experience of co-production method
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Positive attitude and keen to make a difference
- Understanding of the role of Police, Social Services, Health, care, and housing service
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately
- 25 days annual leave, with an increase upon 5 years of continuous service
- Stakeholder pension scheme with contributions matched up to 10% of salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted healthcare cash plan
- Training and development including continuing professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working opportunities.
If you are interested in the above Senior Nurse vacancy, please call Michael on 01628630104 quoting reference MW-SNL-11105 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.
995 total views, 2 today