Full-Time Senior Behavioural Practitioner (Challenging Behaviour)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Behavioural Practitioner to provide a Positive Behaviour Support/Sensory Integration service to people with Learning Disabilities and Autistic Spectrum conditions.
This is an opportunity to work for an organisation, with services across London and the South East, providing imaginative, specialist care and support to people with a variety of needs including Learning Disabilities, Autism, Aspergers, Epilepsy, Mental & Physical Health issues and Challenging Behaviour.
You will be responsible for supporting the development of new business and supervising the behavioural assistants and practice leader team to ensure organisational policy is adhered to at all times.
- Designing, implementing and monitoring PBS interventions that improve quality of life for the people we support.
- Providing and ensuring that all staff deliver personalised support in accordance with individual plans.
- Developing positive behavioural support plans for the people we support in partnership with them.
- Reading and analysing incident reports and other documentation to ensure that plans are regularly updated.
- Organising and running individual and team de-brief sessions following difficult incidents.
- Identifying and actively engaging with issues and practices which require improvement or development.
- Taking an active role in the design of new services to support an individual’s network.
- Organising and delivering training and workshops and identifying group and individual learning and development needs.
Essential experience and skills required:
- Recognised qualification in Learning Disabilities and Challenging Behaviour is essential.
- Continual personal development/training in relation to PBS and similar.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including delivering presentations.
- Good organisational abilities.
- Accuracy with an eye for detail.
- Previous supervisory experience would be an advantage.
- Recognised qualification in Applied Behaviour or similar is desirable but not essential.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
If you are interested in the above Senior Behavioural Practitioner vacancy, please call Michael on 01628 630104 quoting ref MW-SBP-10365 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Key Words: Senior Behavioural Practitioner, Behavioural Practitioner, Positive Behaviour Support, PBS, Psychology, Supported Living, Health and Social Care, South Croydon, Surrey, Challenging Behaviour.
150 total views, 12 today