Full-Time RGN – Night Nurse
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
I am recruiting for an RGN to a fantastic Learning and Physical Disabilities Service in Colchester. My client, a disability charity, has homes in England and Wales and delivers residential support and nursing care for physically or intellectually disabled people. They are committed to creating caring communities that promote inclusion and wellbeing for the people they support.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a wonderful service supporting a predominately young adults with complex learning and physical disabilities. You will be well supported by a very passionate management team and be working in a quality focused service which is rated as ‘Good’ with CQC.
Key Responsibilities of an RGN:
- To provide leadership to the care support staff ensuring they take their roles effectively and service users receive high standard of care.
- To have a key responsibility for the quality of nursing administration and assessment, care planning, implementation and evaluation.
- To be directly involved in the clinical needs of the people residing at the service.
- To act as shift leader when allocated on the roster ensuring that all required tasks to ensure the safety of the service user are undertaken and recorded.
- Act as a role model in the clinical setting demonstrating the delivery of evidenced based, client centred care to service users with physical disabilities with or without a learning disability
- Promote a homely atmosphere where service users’ choice, rights freedom and dignity are preserved.
- To be a key Nurse for individual service users with Nursing care package
Requirements of an RGN:
- Evidence of continued professional and personal development.
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- Registered Nurse (RGN) or Registered Nurse Learning Disability (RNLD) – with strong clinical experience
- Up to date clinical and nursing knowledge.
- At least 1 year’s Clinical experience within care setting including supporting and supervision / appraising of staff.
- Ability to lead a team of staff.
- Computer skills to include competent use of Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good teaching skills both formal and informal.
- 33 days annual leave inc BH
- Up to £2000 bonus in first 12 months*
- Joining a very friendly team
- Fantastic progression and development
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Nichole Wheeler at Domus Recruitment on 01628 630104
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.
850 total views, 4 today