Full-Time Registered Manager – Learning Disabilities
Domus have a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Manager to join a charity that specialise in the care for adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Sensory Impairments.
You will take managerial responsibility for two residential services next door to each other, with the support of two Deputy Manager and a dedicated support team.
As such you’ll be a proven manager with an NVQ 5 in Care and Management (or working towards) and experience of working with people with autism and behaviour support needs.
In addition, you’ll possess a current driving licence with the ability to travel independently as required and be able to work flexibly to respond to the needs of the service.
As the Registered Manager you will be required to:
- Registration as the Manager with the relevant regulator (CQC), complying with all relevant legislation and standards.
- To enable the people supported to lead a valued and fulfilling life, to maximise their potential ability, physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially.
- Working in accordance with the organisation’s ethos and organisational objectives.
- Lead and manage the staff team to ensure a high-quality service is maintained.
- To comply with the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 as are applicable to the people we support provided for at the home, and to support the staff team to prepare for internal and external inspections of the home as required by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- To work with the people, we support and their families, supporting them in the decisions they make about how they live their lives and ensuring that personal needs are met.
- Manage all aspects of running the home including but not limited to: supervision of staff, rotas, care planning, quality assurance, training, budget management, finances and management of medication.
- Monitor activities and ensure quality of support and care is in line with company policy and sector regulatory standards.
- Create a culture of team development and team working that aspires the delivery of best practice for individuals using our service.
- Demonstrate the ability to represent the organisation in an appropriate and professional manner in all internal and external contact and relationships.
The Registered Manager must have:
- NVQ Level 5 or working towards one (or equivalent)
- Prior experience and an understanding of autism, learning disabilities and other complex needs
- Commitment to person centered planning and positive risk taking with a real passion for improvement and continuous development.
- Good knowledge and understanding of CQC, Health and Safety and Local Authority requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences, both verbally and in writing including staff development.
- A driver with a full license.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
If you are interested in the above Registered Manager vacancy, please call Michael on 01628630104 quoting reference MW-RMP-10366 or email your CV to Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key words: Registered Manager, Home Manager, CQC, Learning Disabilities, Autism, Service Manager, Peacehaven, East Sussex, Health and Social Care.
222 total views, 4 today