Full-Time Registered Manager – Care
I am currently working with a national care provider to help recruit a Registered Manager for their Supported Living Service in Fazakerley, Liverpool. The role is responsible for operational management and oversight of a network of high-quality community services for individuals who have a learning disability and/or autism and other needs, including mental health needs and physical disabilities.
They are looking for someone with previous experience as a Registered Manager and someone who can hit the ground running in a large complex service which is going through lots of change currently. The service itself is a 15-bedded purpose-built service, supporting individuals with Learning Disabilities and Complex Care.
You must have skills in positive communication and engagement and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for the people they support. You must be able to write clear assessments, support plans and guidelines and work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos.
Salary: £27,657 per annum
Hours: Full time hours 37.5, core hours in working week but there would be a need for some flexible working at evenings and weekends.
Responsible to: Service Director and Area Manager
Key skills and Competencies:
- At least three years relevant experience of supporting people with learning disabilities and/or autistic spectrum conditions.
- 2 years’ experience of managing or supervising a staff team
- Health & Social Care Diploma Level 5 (or willingness to work towards this)
- Ability to engage with service users, to develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships
- Significant understanding of effective approaches, interventions and best practice when working with individuals with a learning disability, behaviours which challenge services & mental health support needs
- Ability to carry out a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s care and support needs, including risk assessment. Ability to devise effective individual care plans and risk management plans
- Ability to manage a diverse workload of operational management, service development and corporate responsibilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills including the ability to listen sensitively to others
- Ability to build effective, professional professionals, other agencies and families & friends of service users
- Experience of staff recruitment & selection and knowledge of equal opportunities
- Ability to serve as a professional role model to colleagues
- Experience of developing new services/initiatives in partnership with others and of evaluating & monitoring success
- Willingness to work flexible hours (including some travel) according to needs of agency and service users
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on 01628 630104 for more information.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month. If you know anyone who is looking for work at the moment then please get in touch!
“REGISTERED MANAGER” “FAZAKERLEY” “CQC” “LIVERPOOL” “MANAGER” “LEARNING DISABILITIES” “COMPLEX CARE” “SUPPORTED LIVING”
1944 total views, 3 today