Full-Time Registered Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
An exciting role has become available as Registered Manager for a children’s home in Wakefield, West Yorkshire – this a 2 bedroom EBD home. The home is well staffed, with a good OFSTED rating.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small provider of care for young people aged 7-18 with complex social, emotional and behavioural needs who may also have a diagnosis of ASC and cognitive disorders and suffered other traumas such as neglect, physical, emotional and sexual abuse.
40 hours a week, Mon-Fri with some flexibility needed around the service
Key Responsibilities of a Children’s Home Manager:
- To ensure safeguarding of all young people underpins every decision made.
- To promote positive outcomes for young people in all aspects of their care.
- To lead by example and maintain good professional practices in accordance with the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015 and quality standards for children’s homes.
- To be held accountable for the safety and wellbeing of our young people.
- To be part of an on call rota between all homes (1 week in 5) be available for telephone advice as necessary to react/attend personally if required.
- To monitor and maintain standards against agreed criteria and objectives and to implement quality assurance systems, which reflect agreed good practice.
- Involving children and their Carers and all stakeholders, following a joint management approach and a collective work strategy to reach the best outcomes for each child that is placed within the home.
- To provide reflective and effective leadership to the staff team.
- To be committed to personal, professional development.
Children’s Registered Manager Requirements:
- You have experience supervising or managing a residential children’s setting.
- You have experience of managing a staff team & managing staff rotas.
- You have direct knowledge of what is expected during Ofsted Inspections.
- You have excellent communication skills and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- You have a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- You have completed the level 3 Diploma with children and young people or equivalent.
- You have the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young Peoples Services (Or equivalent) or are willing to work towards this within two years of commencing the post.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Jade Coleman at Domus Recruitment on 01628 630104
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.
748 total views, 3 today