Full-Time Registered Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a new children’s care provider, who is seeking a Registered Manager for a new residential service in Doncaster. This is for a 2 bedroom EBD home for children aged 11 to 17. This is an exciting opportunity to join an eager team of senior managers who have longer term plans to open more homes in the near future.
They require a Registered Manager with significant experience in EBD homes who will provide high quality care services that supports the needs of the residents, to be an advocate for their well-being and to provide strong, motivational leadership to staff.
Salary: circa £35,000 depending on experience
Children’s Home Manager Requirements:
- Either a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services OR an experienced Deputy Manager with their level 3 in Children and young people’s services – the employer would put you on the Level 5 course
- Within the last 5 years, you must have worked for at least 2 years in a position working within the residential care of children with EBD
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working within a Children’s EBD social care field.
- Significant experience at senior level in a Children’s Home.
- Ability to work as a team, working closely with colleagues and other agencies.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Able to work within the principles of the Children’s Act.
- Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of Child Protection Issues and Procedures.
- Sound knowledge of Children’s Homes procedures and relevant issues.
- Proven leadership and management abilities.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbally and written.
- Ability to produce reports.
- Working knowledge of the National Care Standards Act 2000, the Children’s Homes (England) Regulations 2015
Responsibilities of a Registered Manager:
- To manage a ‘Young Persons’ Residential Home and ensure the efficient operation of the service in accordance with the relevant legislation, procedures, policies and the Statement of Purpose for the home.
- To produce a development plan for the service that ensures the delivery of high quality, clinically informed practice.
- To support staff to achieve the highest standards of care for the residents.
- To co-ordinate and monitor casework and administrative functions of the home and evaluate standards of performance.
- To assist and supervise in the continual assessment of the needs of the young people and to identify and prepare specific development plans to ensure the most appropriate service provision.
- To be involved in recruitment of staff including vetting, interviewing and inducting new employees
- Liaise with the various internal and external multi-disciplinary teams and commissioning authorities to ensure that the care needs of new and existing residents are met.
- Responsibility for safeguarding and promoting individual rights, providing good quality care which is free from oppression and where differences are respected and valued.
- Ensure the all necessary documentation required by regulators is completed to a high standard and be available for inspections, checks or interviews as requested.
- To promote appropriate and therapeutic relationships between staff and young people and their families, promoting the children and young people’s involvement and participation in the day-to-day life of the Home.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Jade Coleman at Domus Recruitment on 01628 630104.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.
931 total views, 4 today