Full-Time Registered Children’s Home Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Domus are recruiting for a Registered Children’s Home Manager on behalf of a specialist care organisation that provide an essential service to children in need of residential care and special education provision.
We are looking for a highly experienced Deputy Manager or current OFSTED Registered Manager to effectively and appropriately manage, lead, monitor, and develop the Therapeutic Children’s Home to which you are registered.
The service in Hove accommodates 6 children from age 10 – 17 years.
The companies aim is to improve the lives and prospects of the children and young people in their care. They work therapeutically with children and young people who have complex needs, have experienced abusive, neglectful, and / or chaotic and traumatic situations, and who need specialised professional support in learning how to cope with the pressures and demands of day-to-day living.
Key Responsibilities of a Registered Children’s Home Manager:
- Assume responsibility for improving the therapeutic care and education provision offered, and promoting all aspects of the group as a ‘facilitating environment’ conducive to therapeutic thinking and practice.
- Involve yourself in implementing the organisation’s agreed business and marketing strategy to ensure continual and sustainable growth, attracting and retaining customers, and developing new services.
- Offer and provide appropriate and necessary support to other Registered Managers and The Head Teacher, and their Deputies.
- Accept delegated responsibility for relevant aspects of recruitment, staffing, legislation, managing financial processes, and efficient use of resources.
- Assume the role of lead practitioner of the home leading, instructing, and supporting colleagues in meeting the emotional, safeguarding, social, psychological, educational, and academic needs of the children looked after
- Appropriately liaise with all colleagues across the organisation and wider external networks to ensure effective communication & promote positive and harmonious working relationships.
Registered Children’s Home Manager Requirements:
- Experience of working in a therapeutic community for children and young people.
- Understanding of requirements of OFSTED for children’s residential care settings. Knowledge of an SEBD school or learning environment.
- A minimum of three years prior experience in a management post.
- Understanding the real difficulties faced and felt every-day by the children in our care.
- Experience of encouraging children to develop their full potential.
- Experience of supporting colleagues to develop their full potential.
- Experience of delivering quality care, learning, education, and nurture to vulnerable children.
- A good standard of education and general knowledge.
- Knowledge of theory & practice in providing child centred care and education provision (e.g. management of a children’s home, the dynamics of organisations, project-based learning, integrated care and education).
- Knowledge of strategies to promote purposeful experiential learning & real progress for children with emotional & behavioural difficulties, and experience of implementing them.
- Good written & oral communication skills, and able to record accurately, objectively, and with clarity.
- IT skills including Word, Excel, Email/Internet, and able to operate basic IT appliances including telephone system, fax machines, scanners, and photocopiers
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the task of managing employees.
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality, privacy, and discretion.
- Experience of the stressful and emotionally and physically challenging nature of the task and role.
- Understanding of the importance of practicing equality & diversity and confronting discrimination.
- A great team ready to offer support to all staff
- Training opportunity for advancements and pay rise
- Competitive pay
- Flexible working hours
If you are interested in the above Children’s Home Manager vacancy, please call Michael on 01628630104 quoting reference MW-CHMH-11914 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.
927 total views, 7 today