Full-Time Positive Behavioural Support Practitioner
An exceptional new opportunity has arisen with a national, awarding winning healthcare provider that specialise in Residential/Community and Supported Living care for adults with Learning disabilities, Autism, Challenging behaviour and Mental Health. This fantastic company are looking for a Positive Behavioural Support Practitioner for one of their residential services near Bury St Edmunds.
This company pride themselves on delivering high standards of care in the local area using a person-centred approach and believe in supporting staff and training them to improve and develop. This is a very exciting time to join as the company goes through a very healthy and strong development.
Positive Behavioural Support Practitioner Key Responsibilities –
- Will implement the companies PBS strategy, creating capable environments that improve wellbeing and quality of life for the people we support, whilst reducing challenging behaviour and the use of restrictive interventions.
- Staff training & development
- Functional Behaviour Assessment
- Behaviour Support Planning (BSP)
- BSP implementation (including practice workshops)
- Incident analysis & debrief
- Meetings and supervision
- A history of direct support experience with people with learning disabilities and/or ASC and Challenging Behaviour
Positive Behavioural Support Practitioner Requirements –
- Hold a formal qualification in: or Positive Behaviour Support i.e. PBS BTEC (advanced professional Diploma), BSc in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, MSc in Analysis and Intervention in Learning Disability, Applied Behaviour Analysis, Psychology. Board associate Certified Behaviour Analyst status is desirable, NOT essential
- Hold Physical Intervention Training approved under the British Institute of Learning Disabilities (BILD) accreditation scheme to at least Instructor level (preferably PROACT SCIPr-UK)
- A full drivers’ licence.
- A history in conducting assessment and developing, implementing and evaluating interventions for individuals presenting with Challenging Behaviours
- A history of development and delivery of Positive Behaviour Support training
- A history of working as part of a peripatetic team providing consultation to ‘challenging behaviour’ services
- A history of reducing the use of restrictive practices
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Online benefits and cash back rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- SMART Pension option
This is an urgent position so the hiring manager will conduct interviews ASAP and as soon as applications go through.
If you are interested in Positive Behavioural Support Practitioner, please give Jen a call on 01628 630104 or alternatively send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
“As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.”
173 total views, 13 today