Full-Time Peripatetic Children’s Home Manager – 12-month contract – (Emotional Behaviour Disorder)
Domus have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Children’s Home Manager to oversee the managerial responsibilities of an Ofsted Registered, residential care home for boys aged 7-18 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
The 6 bedded home, set in a rural location based in North Hampshire offers a holistic model of care and education for our residents, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment.
Working as a Registered Manager you will take full responsibility of an independent, Ofsted registered, 6 bed children’s residential home. Through an innovative and person-centered approach, you will undertake management of the efficient operation, delivery and development of a residential SEMH service. As an effective manager you will also ensure the highest quality of care and support is provided to all children whilst also leading and motivating an established care team.
This role is offered on a 12 Months Fixed Term, full time basis, working 40 hours per week in any 7-day cycle (normally between 9am – 5.00pm, Monday – Friday although flexibility is required to accommodate the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends).
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Managing a home and ensuring you provide effective support to all our children, developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living.
- Have experience and knowledge of the OFSTED inspection framework.
- Supervising a team of Residential Care Workers and Team Leaders to include recruitment, mentoring, guidance, appraisals and induction.
- Completing regular reviews of support plans in line with individual needs, statutory guidelines and company policies.
- Providing strategic development of services to ensure best practice, continuous improvement and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
- Generous retention bonuses and enhanced pay scales
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Automatic pension scheme enrolment
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
Key Skills Required:
- Hold a minimum qualification of RMA or QCF L4, Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent and be willing to work towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children & Young Peoples Service
- Previous experience in a Managerial position within a children’s (SEMH) residential setting
- Evidence of “Good” or “Outstanding” outcomes from Ofsted inspections
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others with experience supervising and managing staff
- Experience of working with external providers and professional bodies
- Passionate about providing quality care and support to young people who can display challenging behaviour
- Hold a full, valid UK driving licence and be willing to drive as part of the role
If you are interested in the above position call Michael on 01628 630104 or email an up to date CV to email@example.com quoting reference MW-PCHM-8544.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.
Key Words: OFSTED, Children’s Manager, Children’s Home Manager, Registered Manager, Care Manager, Tadley, Hampshire, Health and Social Care, EBD.
1853 total views, 5 today