Full-Time Occupational Therapist
I am currently working on behalf of a market leading Healthcare organisation that is seeking to appoint an Occupational Therapist to join their existing staff team for a specialist Mental Health service in the Leeds area.
This is an established service with three Occupational Therapists positions and two assistant Occupational Therapists. It is essential that you will hold a degree in Occupational Therapy, be a strong team player, and have excellent communication skills with the ability to work within a full MDT managing your own case load.
It is recommended that you have some post-qualification experience; however, newly qualified individuals with the ability to work independently with mental health experience from placements are welcome to apply. You must be able to demonstrate evidence of core OT skills, and be registered with the Health Professions Council.
The main duties include:
- Formulating treatment plans in consultation with the service user
- Managing, with support and supervision and prioritise a caseload of service users with complex physical health needs and/or challenging behaviour
- To undertake comprehensive and timely assessments of clients
- To maintain and demonstrate up to date knowledge and skills relevant to the field of practice.
- To take responsibility for ongoing personal and professional development
Key skills required include:
- You will need to be a qualified, HCPC registered, Occupational Therapist
- Experience of working within Mental Health services
- Knowledge of Occupational Therapy assessments and an understanding of OT outcome measures
- Adaptable and creative to meet their needs, and have the skills and ability to work with people that may be difficult to engage and with challenging behaviour patterns.
- Excellent communication skills on all levels
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to email@example.com and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on 01628 630104 for more information.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month. If you know anyone who is looking for work at the moment then please get in touch!
“occupational therapist”, “occupational therapy”, “OT”, “mental health”
68 total views, 3 today