Full-Time Hospital Manager – Mental Health
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are looking for a passionate, focused and experienced Hospital Manager (Mental Health) to join a 4-ward Mental Health hospital in Maidstone.
You will take the reins of a state-of-the-art, 63 bed mental health facility for adults situated in the Kent Medical Campus in Maidstone.
The Hospital is purpose built to meet the latest national specifications for improving mental health within a therapeutic environment. The hospital will provide an important and much-needed service for local patients from Kent.
The hospital is split into four distinct wards, each offering specialist mental health services:
Ward 1 – Highly Specialised Personality Disorder service for women
Ward 2 – High Dependency Rehabilitation service for men
Ward 3 – Specialist PICU Service for Men
Ward 4 – Male low secure ward
A Nurse Qualification with valid pin – RMN, would be ideal, although applicants who aren’t nurse qualified will be considered depending on relevant experience.
Key responsibilities of a Hospital Manager;
- Reporting directly to the Operations Director, our Hospital Managers are responsible for providing strong and effective leadership to the onsite team in order to ensure the integrity of all functions within the hospital, to include; Clinical, Finance, HR, Recruitment and Support Services.
- You will be responsible for the overall day to day running and strategic direction of the hospital.
- To be compliant with CQC / regulatory requirements and to ensure all clinical, budgetary, regulatory and service development targets are met. You will also implement risk assessment, risk management and embed clinical governance within the hospital.
- To be responsible for the provision of a high-quality service, both in respect of client care and employee engagement.
- Ensure effective bed management and coordination of referrals and assessments of patients in conjunction with the Clinical / Deputy Manager.
- In this role, you will also lead on appropriate investigations (as required), participate in audit requirements and ensure all group policies and procedures are adhered to. Reviewing and developing potential opportunities for improved quality and commercial growth is also a key requirement.
Key requirements a Hospital Manager must have:
- Managerial experience of leading a team within a mixed service
- A Nurse Qualification with valid pin – RMN, although applicants who aren’t nurse qualified will be considered depending on relevant experience
- The ability to work as part of a team; lead by example, manage performance effectively and use own initiative
- Experience of working to CQC guidelines, relevant legislation and professional regulations
- Experience undertaking investigations and/or the ability to manage complaints appropriately and in a confidential manner
- Desirable: Qualifications in Leadership & Management / Health & Social Care
- Salary: £90k+ depending on experience plus a car allowance
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays
- Fully paid training
- Paid DBS
- Free parking
- Courtesy meals and refreshments whilst on shift
- Shopping and entertainment discount scheme (over 800 retailers)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Opportunities to progress and develop
If you are interested in the above Hospital Manager vacancy, please call Michael on 01628630104 quoting reference MW-HMM-11875 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
897 total views, 4 today