Full-Time Health & Safety Environmental Standards Manager
You will be responsible for the effective management and delivery of all my client’s statutory and regulatory Health and Safety standards in relation to all service, property and workplace operations. This is a national role which will see you working remotely for at least the next 6 – 12 months for a national substance misuse charity.
You will ensure all of my client’s services are designed and maintained to support the psychological and emotional well-being of both people accessing and working in them and you will lead on monitoring the environmental impact of the organisation and implementing improvement plans and environment-friendly initiatives.
This fantastic charity has been helping people overcome drug and alcohol problem for 50 years. They believe in being the best, are very passionate about recovery and are one of the 100 Best Not for Profit Organisations to work for.
Key Responsibilities of a Health & Safety Environmental Standards Manager:
- Be the duly appointed Health and Safety Competent Person and provide sound expert advice in relation to health and safety.
- Lead on the effective development, management and compliance of all environmental and workplace health and safety standards and functions across the organisation.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, statutory instruments, regulations, codes of practice, and regulatory standards in respect of health, safety and environment.
- Proactively identify and implement legislative updates, industry best practice and innovative solutions that sustain the progressive improvement of health, safety and environmental standards and culture.
- Monitor, evaluate and audit health, safety and environmental performance and progress against plans to ensure the environment is safe, compliant and conducive to effective delivery of services.
- Undertake and oversee regular health, safety and environmental compliance inspections and support colleagues in continuous compliance and improvement.
- Oversee the fire risk management process across the organisation.
- Provide training and guidance to colleagues in relation to health and safety procedures and developing psychologically informed environments.
- Assess, investigate and resolve any accidents and incidents. Follow up investigations, improvement plans and training schemes, and where relevant RIDDOR compliance. To work with the Quality and Performance team to develop and achieve yearly work plan priorities
Health & Safety Environmental Standards Manager Requirements:
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. NEBOSH or similar level of formal health and safety qualification
- Formal Fire Risk Assessment qualification
- Evidence of commitment to continuous personal and professional development
- Substantial experience of operating at senior level in health, safety and environmental standards
- Experience of supporting multi-disciplinary teams to ensure compliance with internal and external standards
- Knowledge of Health and Safety duties for landlords and corporate organisations, including legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of assessing and maintaining decent living standards across multiple sites
- Up-to-date knowledge of psychological and trauma informed environments
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ben at Domus Recruitment on 01628 630104 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.
373 total views, 10 today