Full-Time Head of Care
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a specialist children’s care provider, who is seeking a Head of Care for a brand new service that is due to open soon near Preston, Lancashire. The service is for children aged 13-15, aiming to transform the lives of children and young people who have experienced complex trauma and abuse. They will be combining vocational courses with education to ensure each young person has the opportunity to engage in education, training or employment that supports their long-term aspirations and enables them to make a positive contribution to society.
The Head of Care will have overall management responsibility for the residential operational services, ensure overall regulatory compliance for the home and to always promote the safety and welfare of children. They will ensure the development of an innovative and service user focused approach to continuous service development and improvement that responds to the needs and aspirations of service users.
You would become part of the senior management team, working with the Head of Service and other members of the Board. You would secure registration with Ofsted.
Bonus package, Relocation package available
- MUST have a Degree or equivalent
- MUST have Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management for Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Desirable qualifications include: Social Work Qualification, Business Qualification, Project Management Qualification (Prince2 or equivalent)
- Safeguarding experience (completed Local Authority / NSPCC L3 Designated Safeguarding Officer course or equivalent)
- Extensive experience of working in social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH) sector (minimum 5 years) and Working knowledge and experience of Child Exploitation
- Experience of working at senior management level (at least 2 years)
- Experience of working to high quality standards on tight timescales requiring use of personal initiative and self-motivation
- Proven experience of working collaboratively and in partnership with other agencies e.g. education, health, police, Ofsted
- Strong leader, visionary, Creative and versatile in their approach
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on 01628 630104 for more information.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month. If you know anyone who is looking for work at the moment then please get in touch!
“head of care”, “children’s head of care”, “children’s regional manager”, “children’s home manager”, “registered manager”, “children’s registered manager”, “sexual trauma”
56 total views, 3 today