Full-Time Deputy Manager – Autism
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Domus are recruiting for a Deputy Manager on behalf of a growing organisation who offer exceptional Supported Living care in a safe, warm and friendly environment for adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
Within this role, you will work alongside the Registered Manager to ensure that the staff are providing excellent care to the 12 clients living within the Supported Living accommodation.
This organisation is dedicated to providing high-quality, personalised support to adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism. If you are looking for a role where you can really make a difference, apply today.
We are looking for candidates highly experienced supporting adults with Learning Disabilities as well as Autism. You will be a highly experienced Support Worker, an experienced Senior Support Worker / Team Leader or a current Deputy Manager.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
- As a Deputy Manager you will play a key role in the day to day management of the service.
- You will provide support and supervision to the team of support staff, be key to managing the rota and ensuring staff are fully trained, and provide on the job coaching, feedback, and act as a role model.
- You will also take part in an on-call rota to ensure that our staff have access to support when it is needed You will need to be experienced in supporting adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism and have skills and interests in direct line management of staff and developing others, being able to mentor your staff, as well as having the drive to work alongside your team to achieve positive outcomes for the people we support.
- Undertake needs assessments and risk assessments, developing with each person an outcome-based support plan, and person-centred plan which are reviewed and updated regularly according to schedule
- Complete, file and maintain records, including assessment and support plans, case file notes, communication logs, risk assessments, incident reports, petty cash / finance records.
- Record and communicate to others the wishes and needs of people we support where appropriate. Facilitate the people we support in decision making, promoting choice and involvement.
- Assist the Manager in ensuring that Policies and Procedures, “Quality Assurance Procedures”, CQC standards and Health and Safety requirements are adhered to and participate in the reviews of the people we support.
- Assist with producing, maintaining and managing of the staff roster. Ensuring the rota and staffing levels meet the needs of the people we support and are within the authorised limits of resource
- Assist the Manager with recruitment and selection of Support Workers.
- Direct support workers in their duties and undertake 1 to 1 meetings, performance review and observations of support workers with direction from the Support Manager.
- Ensure all staff receive an induction and complete relevant training to comply with CQC and to meet the needs of people supported
- Assist the Support Manager with recruitment and selection of Staff
- Monitor and promote each person’s health and well-being.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle and assist people we support to participate in their chosen social, educational, leisure and sporting activities in the local community.
- Assist the person to improve his/her knowledge, skills and abilities and where desired, to support individuals to access volunteering or employment opportunities.
- Promote and encourage the person we support to make new friends and keep in contact with family, friends and people in the neighbourhood.
- QCF (NVQ) level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or an equivalent qualification in Social Care/Health (a commitment to work towards may be considered)
- Experience as a Deputy or above within a residential service for adults with Learning Disabilities and/or Autism.
- Knowledge and understanding of what constitute a high-quality specific service and experience.
- Knowledge of using quality measures e.g. internal/external audits and experience of making improvements associated with such measures.
- In depth knowledge of statutory requirements such as Care Quality Commission regulations and outcomes.
- Knowledge of identifying and implementing staff training needs including knowledge of regulatory requirements for staff training in a social care environment.
- Good IT skills using Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
If you are interested in the above Deputy Manager vacancy, please call Michael on 01628630104 quoting reference MW-DMB-11642 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
894 total views, 3 today