Full-Time Children’s Team Manager
My client is national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s home and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Their services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people they care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Domus are recruiting for a Team Manager for an Ofsted Registered ‘Outstanding’ residential children’s home offering care and support to girls aged 8-18 years with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
As a Team Manager you will supervise and motivate a team of Support Workers, whilst also completing a hands-on role to ensure the highest quality care and support to the children and young people in our care. You will design, implement and monitor the care and education plans for the people we support to ensure they are on track for positive results. Alongside the everyday care and education of the young people we support, staff may also be involved in activities such as swimming, camping, horse riding, guides, health & beauty and trips away.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who holds supervisory experience and is looking for a new challenge. This role involves working 7 days onsite (including sleep ins and on call) followed by a full 7 days off.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Contributing towards the maintenance of a positive, safe and homely environment
- Supporting in promoting the children’s educational, social and emotional needs
- Leading, mentoring and motivating staff
- Providing formal supervisions and managing staff performances
- Building effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Deputising for the Home Manager in their absence
Key Skills Required:
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity within a children’s residential setting
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to direct, lead and motivate individuals and the team to deliver positive results
- Diligent, enthusiastic and passionate
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be willing to drive as part of the role
Salary: £28,500 – £31,000
If you are interested in this role please email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively if you’d like to hear more about the position call me on 07824 886374.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
Key Words: Children’s Team Manager, Team Manager, Children’s, Children’s Home Deputy Manager, SEMH, EBD, Mental Health, Children’s Mental Health
573 total views, 8 today