Full-Time Children’s Home Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Domus have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Registered Children’s Home Manager who is passionate about making a difference and providing high levels of care to be part of opening a brand-new service as the Registered Homes Manager in Croydon.
The company is expanding, and you will play a Vital part in the new home’s future.
You will be based in a Children’s Residential home, with excellent facilities working with children and young people with Social, Emotional, Behavioural Difficulties and Learning difficulties.
You will play a pivotal part in bringing the best out of each young person within your staffs care whilst enhancing their social, practical, and emotional skills in preparation for their adult years.
As the new Registered Children’s Homes Manager, you will mainly be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Children’s Home including providing professional support, guidance, and supervision to the staff team. Alongside this, you will be regularly monitoring and reviewing the policies and procedures of the service and updating where necessary to keep in line with the regulations.
You will have the overall budgetary responsibility for the home and be directly reporting to the management team and director. To be successful in your application, you must be able to demonstrate knowledge of regulatory and legislative frameworks, as well as OFSTED benchmarking and inspection requirements.
Key Responsibilities of a Children’s Home Manager:
- The Registered Manager will ensure young people receive excellent levels of emotional and physical care, within a home that offers a safe, nurturing, and comfortable environment with a supportive staff team.
- Lead and manage both employees and resources to ensure high standards of service are achieved within the home, exceeding regulatory standards.
- Manage the budget of the home and ensure the business remains viable and to meet and exceed the key performance indicators for people, quality, and performance.
- Take overall responsibility for the management and leadership of the Children’s Home as the Registered Manager in charge, promoting high standards of care in line with our regulatory bodies.
- Ensure referrals and occupancy are updated regularly and maintained.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge around Children’s homes regulations and implementation throughout the homes processes.
Children’s Home Manager Requirements:
- Effectively lead a team of staff to enable the highest quality of care.
- Strong experience working as management in a children’s home.
- Strong staff supervision, managerial and communication skills.
- Excellent Ofsted regulatory knowledge and adherence.
- Ensure support and guidance within all Ofsted inspections.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management.
- Company funded Enhanced DBS
- Ofsted Inspection Bonus
- Training and development opportunities
- Quarterly & Monthly Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Enrolment onto the Updating Service at the cost of the employer.
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training expense met by the employer
- Christmas Party expense covered.
- Pension Scheme
- Optional overtime available
- 28 days Holiday (inc Bank Holidays), additional holiday for loyalty to the company
If you are interested in the above Children’s Home Manager vacancy, please call Michael on 01628630104 quoting reference MW-CHMC-11914 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.
971 total views, 6 today