Full-Time Children’s Home Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Domus are recruiting for an incredibly exciting opportunity for an experienced Children’s Home Manager to take the reigns of a brand-new residential service in Epsom Surrey.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading provider of innovative care and education services to children and young people who have complex needs – emotional, behavioural social, learning or physical needs.
We are looking for a highly experienced Deputy Manager or current OFSTED Registered Manager to effectively and appropriately manage, lead, monitor, and develop the brand-new Children’s Home to which you are registered.
Bonuses can be earned 3 times a year (once every 4 months).
A Service Manager achieving an ‘Outstanding’ rating can earn a 7% (of salary) bonus and a ‘Good’ rating then it would be 5% of salary – 3 times a year (so an additional earning potential of 15% or 21% of salary).
Key Responsibilities of a Children’s Home Manager:
- Assume responsibility for improving the therapeutic care and education provision offered, and promoting all aspects of the group as a ‘facilitating environment’ conducive to therapeutic thinking and practice.
- Involve yourself in implementing the organisation’s agreed business and marketing strategy to ensure continual and sustainable growth, attracting and retaining customers, and developing new services.
- Offer and provide appropriate and necessary support to other Registered Managers and The Head Teacher, and their Deputies.
- Accept delegated responsibility for relevant aspects of recruitment, staffing, legislation, managing financial processes, and efficient use of resources.
- Assume the role of lead practitioner of the home leading, instructing, and supporting colleagues in meeting the emotional, safeguarding, social, psychological, educational, and academic needs of the children looked after
- Appropriately liaise with all colleagues across the organisation and wider external networks to ensure effective communication & promote positive and harmonious working relationships.
Children’s Home Manager Requirements:
- Experience of working in a therapeutic community for children and young people.
- Understanding of requirements of OFSTED for children’s residential care settings. Knowledge of an SEBD school or learning environment.
- A minimum of three years prior experience in a management post.
- Understanding the real difficulties faced and felt every-day by the children in our care.
- Experience of encouraging children to develop their full potential.
- Experience of supporting colleagues to develop their full potential.
- Experience of delivering quality care, learning, education, and nurture to vulnerable children.
- A good standard of education and general knowledge.
- Knowledge of theory & practice in providing child centred care and education provision (e.g. management of a children’s home, the dynamics of organisations, project-based learning, integrated care and education).
- Knowledge of strategies to promote purposeful experiential learning & real progress for children with emotional & behavioural difficulties, and experience of implementing them.
- Good written & oral communication skills, and able to record accurately, objectively, and with clarity.
- IT skills including Word, Excel, Email/Internet, and able to operate basic IT appliances including telephone system, fax machines, scanners, and photocopiers
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the task of managing employees.
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality, privacy, and discretion.
- Experience of the stressful and emotionally and physically challenging nature of the task and role.
- Understanding of the importance of practicing equality & diversity and confronting discrimination.
- A great team ready to offer support to all staff
- Training opportunity for advancements and pay rise
- Competitive pay
- Flexible working hours
If you are interested in the above Children’s Home Manager vacancy, please call Michael on 01628630104 quoting reference MW-CHME-11853 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.
921 total views, 6 today