Full-Time Associate Specialty Doctor in Psychiatry
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Domus are recruiting for an Associate Specialty Doctor to have clinical responsibility for non-forensic in-patients. Working alongside 2 Part-time Consultant Psychiatrists, you will be responsible for providing continuous medical cover on a daily basis to 3 Rehab Wards with a maximum occupancy of 31 patients.
You will be responsible for providing reciprocal and flexible on-call cover in association with other medical colleagues at other hospital sites. You will be fully registered with the General Medical Council/MEDSU.
Duties of the Post
- Attend daily morning handover and complete Ward Rounds to address acute medical/psychiatric issues.
- Manage mental health needs of patients as per care plans and clinical needs. Minimum standards as per routine would be as follows:
- Patients should have a physical and mental state examination within 24 hrs of admission
- Patients recently admitted should have a mental state assessment weekly until stabilised.
- Thereafter, the Associate Speciality Doctor would aim to document a mental state examination on all patients at least fortnightly.
- Deviation from minimum standards must be discussed with the patient’s Responsible Clinician.
- The Associate Specialty Doctor will have a pivotal role in maintaining a full-time medical presence and offering support to other members of the multi-disciplinary team as required.
- Physical Healthcare is primarily provided via external GP facilities, but occasionally acute physical healthcare needs may arise which will require input and management by the Associate Specialty Doctor.
- The Associate Specialty Doctor acts as the first Doctor to be contacted during the day if the nursing staff have any concerns about the physical health of a patient.
- The Specialty Doctor will work closely with GP Surgeries and ensure that blood results, clinical results, and so on, are recorded accurately in patients’ progress notes.
- The Associate Specialty Doctor will take responsibility for the Physical Healthcare Summaries ensuring that they are up to date, accurate and (with the assistance of the Medical Secretary) are available for Consultants at Ward Rounds.
- The Associate Specialty Doctor will monitor and update prescription cards, liaising with the Ward Managers and Responsible Clinicians to ensure accurate and appropriate prescribing.
- The Associate Specialty Doctor will be required to attend all CPAs and Tribunals for non-forensic patients.
- The Associate Specialty Doctor will play an active part in attending ward rounds as when required, and other MDT meetings, including CPA’s, MHRT’s (at the discretion of The RC), Section 117 meetings. You will ensure that full and up-to-date clinical information is available to the meeting and ensuring that medical decisions are implemented as planned.
- The Associate Specialty Doctor’s responsibility will also include preparation of CPA and MHA reports, under the supervision of the RC where appropriate.
- It will be the Associate Specialty Doctor’s responsibility to write and send discharge summaries when patients leave the service. These summaries must include medication history and Physical Healthcare Summaries.
- The Associate Specialty Doctor will maintain full records of medical and psychiatric assessments and interventions, which will be entered in the ‘written record’ section of the service user notes in compliance with guidelines and audit requirements and in line with standards.
- The Associate Specialty Doctor will play an active role in the audit programme of the Hospital through regular attendance to the audit group meetings and feedback on relevant audits undertaken by the medical department at the Hospital.
- The Associate Specialty Doctor will adhere to Policies and Procedures.
- The Associate Specialty Doctor will agree annual leave, study leave and any other leaves with the Consultant Psychiatrist prior to taking them and ensure that appropriate medical cover is in place.
- You will participate in the in-house Training Programme.
- You will develop competency frameworks for the therapeutic programme.
- You will attend mandatory training- this includes but not limited to Breakaway, ILS and Mental Health Act.
- You will ensure current medical knowledge is maintained through the use of study leave as agreed through the appraisal system and in discussion with the Hospital Director.
- You will receive regular Clinical Supervision from the Lead Consultant Psychiatrist/Responsible Clinician.
- You will undertake a yearly appraisal and develop agreed targets to support career progression.
- challenges to the service within a Positive Behaviour Support approach.
- Understanding of the needs of people with learning disabilities including developmental, emotional, physical, sexual and social needs.
If you are interested in the above Associate Specialty Doctor in Psychiatry vacancy, please call Michael on 01628630104 quoting reference MW-ASDK-6705 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £250 pounds if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
696 total views, 2 today